The Product Specialist supports products and applicationsinternal to Kansas City Southern throughout their lifecycle. This is an exciting opportunity to manage tactical execution in a role connecting business operations, technology solutions and the end-user experience. To be successful, the Product Specialist must possess skills in technical troubleshooting, business analysis, data analysis, vendor management andproject management. The ideal candidate is passionate about advocating for products and optimized business process across business and IT, consistently striving to achieve the best end-user experience.
● Bachelors of Science in Business, IT or other related field of study, or equivalent experience
● 3 years of experience in a customer facing role
● 2 years of experience in working with third party vendors
● 2 years of experience in project management or business analysis
● Manage production support and act as the SME for assigned applications and products; champion change requests to improve usability and system performance.
● Management of all tickets including Change, Incident, Problem and Request tickets.
● Responsible for troubleshooting incident and problem tickets while coordinating resolution efforts between KCS and the vendor.
● Prioritize small enhancements, working with application specific resources to deliver solutions while maintaining a cadence of regular updates to business stakeholders.
● Provide day-to-day vendor relationship support including tracking timely completion of production tickets and adherence to service agreements.
● Consult with business teams, IT and vendors to gather requirements on new features related to the product roadmap.
● Project management, overall risk and issue management as needed for smaller projects and scheduled system releases.
● Collaborate with IT project managers and business analysts on cross-functional projects, researching vendor or application impact to the business.
● Provide end user support and training on use of applications
● Research product, market, business and competitive trends to identify opportunities for product or system growth.
• Fluent in both English and Spanish
• Kansas City, MO or Monterrey, Mexico